Are you hosting a New Year’s Eve party this year? Encourage your guests to share their New Year’s resolutions on a resolution tree!
If you’re having a New Year’s Eve get-together, here’s a DIY project that can not only become a centerpiece on your table, but a conversation piece as well! I was originally inspired by Make Them Wonder’s Thanksgiving tree. She asked each of her guests to write what they were thankful for, and then hung them on branches. In the same way, you can encourage your guests to write their New Year’s resolutions and hang them on the resolution tree!
What You Will Need:
3. Twine. If you can, use hemp twine because it is more eco-friendly!
5. A marker or permanent marker
6. Hole punch or something to make a hole in the top of your newspaper
How To Do It:
1. Draw the shape of your choice on your newspaper. I decided to do a circle because I could use my coffee cup as a stencil. I traced my shape on an area of the newspaper that had an article, rather than tracing my shape on a picture or advertisement–that way it is easier to see your guests’ resolutions.
2. Cut out your shape. You will want to create enough shapes for each of your guests to write a resolution.
3. Then, you will need to punch a hole in the top of your circles to put the twine through.
4. Once you punched your holes, cut a small piece of twine and put it through your hole. I simply tied the twine together to make a loop.
5. Now you will make your “tree.” Gather several branches from outside. I walked around my yard and gathered ones that were on the ground. Then, I put the branches in a vase.
6. I would suggest putting a few resolutions on the tree before your guests arrive so they know the purpose of the tree. In addition, I would put a small basket next to the tree with your newspaper circles in it so they may grab a circle to write their resolution on. As your guests arrive, you can explain what the tree means, or you can put a small sign next to the basket–it’s totally up to you!