One of the toughest parts of opting for natural and organic beauty products is understanding what’s on the label. When you’re faced with a paragraph of polysyllabic ingredients, it’s hard to know what’s an issue and what isn’t. Here are some resources to help you out!
We’re going to keep on adding to this list, so check back often, and if there’s something you’re wondering about that’s not here, contact us and ask! We’re here to help.
- 25 Toxic Ingredients: What to Avoid
- Cosmetic Ingredient Cheat Sheet
- DEA, Diethanolamine, TEA, Triethanolamine
- Lead in Lipstick
- Parabens and one more reason to avoid parabens
- Petroleum, Petrolatum, or Mineral Oil
- Safe Organic Beauty Products (scroll down for a list)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate/Sodium Laureth Sulphate/SLS
- Talc/Talcum Powder
- Tips on Reading Ingredient Listings
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by The Style PA