These 10 Uses for Organic Argan Oil are based on centuries of Moroccan tradition, and let’s be honest – have you ever seen a Moroccan woman with anything but flawless, ageless skin?
Unless you’ve been living in a beauty-deprived cave, you’ve no doubt heard of the magic potion known as Argan Oil.
In the past few years, Argan Oil’s popularity has surged dramatically, thanks in large part to Josie Maran’s cosmetic line, as well as several fabulous skin care companies producing Argan-based natural, organic products. Last year, I was introduced to one of those companies, Amal Oils, founded by the extremely intelligent and talented young entrepreneur, Jalila Bouchareb.
The daughter of a Moroccan father and Swiss mother, Bouchareb travelled throughout Morocco after graduating from college, touring nearly every Argan Oil cooperative in the country, meeting with the women extracting the oils and the distributors in charge of exporting the fruits of their labor. Realizing she could introduce American women to the infinite uses of Argan Oil while helping Moroccan women achieve sustainable, stable incomes for themselves and their families, she created Amal Oils.
I would strongly encourage you to learn more about Bouchareb and her company. In the meantime, I will share with you her favorite 10 Uses for Organic Argan Oil, based on centuries of Moroccan tradition, and let’s be honest – have you ever seen a Moroccan woman with anything but flawless, ageless skin?
10 Uses for Organic Argan Oil
1. Facial and Body Moisturizer: Massage into your face, neck and anywhere else that needs moisturizer morning and night. Don’t forget your elbows, knees and other areas that tend to get dry.
2. Nails: Massage argan oil into your cuticles, nails, hand and feet next time you give yourself or get a manicure and pedicure. Tip* Apply argan oil to your hands and feet and cover with socks and sleep with them…your hands and feet will be soft and hydrated in the morning.
3. Split Ends: Massage argan oil into the ends of your hair to prevent split ends.
4. Scalp Rescue: Keep your scalp moisturized and healthy by rubbing argan oil on it prior to taking a shower, let sit 15-20 minutes.
5. Lips: Use argan oil instead of a lip balm. Use it alone or, for additional moisture and a creamy texture, mix 2 parts beeswax or mango butter with 4 parts argan oil, melt over a double boiler, stir and pour the mixture into your favorite jar.
6. Luminizer: After applying your makeup, take a very small amount of argan oil and spread it in both hands and gently dab your cheekbones to give your complexion an extra healthy, dewy glow.
7. Hair Smoothing Serum: Argan oil is both a finishing and styling product for hair, straight, curly, and everything in between. Apply a small amount after washing hair and then to tame frizz while styling.
8. Bye Bye Blemishes: Make your own blemish treatment, blending one part organic argan oil, one part organic tea tree oil and one part organic lavender essential oil. All can be found at any specialty vitamin store or grocery store, or online.
9. Scrub: Make your own sugar scrub: mix raw cane sugar, honey and argan oil. Rub gently unto the skin until the sugar dissolves. Rinse well.
10. Eat it: Your skin is a direct reflection of what you are eating. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more delicious edible oil than this one, with a distinctive, unique nutty flavor and ridiculous amounts of vitamin E, antioxidants and amino acids.
Have you discovered any unique uses for this miracle oil? We’d love to hear about them!