Published on January 29th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell4
DIY Fashion: Create a Button Heart Hair Pin for Valentine’s Day!
Create DIY fashion accessories for Valentine’s Day like this adorable button heart hair pin!
Do you like to create fun fashion accessories for Valentine’s Day? Perhaps you would like to make a DIY accessory for a special someone this year? If so, look no further! I wanted to craft a little something for Valentine’s Day that could not only be worn one day a year, but really any day that I feel like wearing a cute button heart in my hair. And really, who wouldn’t want to wear a button heart in their hair?
What You Will Need:
1. Red vintage buttons. My button collection consists of buttons from my grandma and ones that I’ve bought from thrift stores or garage sales. If you don’t have any on hand, you can make your own buttons. You can also buy eco-friendly tagua buttons!
2. Recycled cardboard
4. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. A red crayon
6. A hair pin. You can use an old one that you have on hand or you can buy blank hair pins from your local craft store.
How To Do It:
1. Cut a heart shape out of your recycled cardboard. Then, color it with your red crayon. It is important to color it because the cardboard will show around your buttons.
2. Go through your button stash and pick out different shades of red buttons. Arrange them on the cardboard heart.
3. Once you’ve arranged your buttons in the way you would like, carefully hot glue them to the cardboard heart.
4. Hot glue the back of the heart to your hair pin.
After the hot glue has dried, you’re ready to wear it! It adds a perfect pop of color and a touch of whimsy– just my style!
What fashion accessories do you like to wear or create for Valentine’s Day? Share your ideas with us! We’d love to pin your projects to our Eco Fashion board on Pinterest!
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!