When winter rolls in, my hands take a beating! This DIY almond hand scrub helps slough off dead skin cells and moisturize your hands to protect them from the cold, dry winter weather.
- 1/3c almonds
- 1/2-1t organic olive oil
- 1t honey or agave nectar
- In your blender or food processor, grind the almonds into a coarse meal. This won’t take long, and you want to make sure not to over-blend – you’re going for the consistency of bath salts.
- Stir in the olive oil and agave, mixing well to combine completely.
- To exfoliate, rub the mixture on your hands, massaging into your skin for a few minutes.
- Wash off the almond meal and any excess oil with warm water.
- For extra hydration, you can put on a pair of gloves to help your hands really soak in the moisture.
Do you have a favorite exfoliating treatment for dry, winter hands? Share away in the comments!
Image Credit: Almond photo via Shutterstock