Got a yogini on your holiday gift list? Check out our list of ethical yoga gifts that she will love!
Yoga is all about connecting mind, body, and spirit, so it makes sense to choose yoga gear that’s in line with your giftee’s ethical fashion sense. From the mat to her yoga pants, you want to choose yoga gifts that are as in harmony with the planet as her yoga practice. That means choosing clothing and other gear that’s good for the planet and good for the people that make it.
1. Healthy Yoga Mats
Many cheap yoga mats contain PVC, a very toxic plastic. The big problem with PVC is that it off-gases harmful chemicals linked to all sorts of health concerns, including cancer. Not exactly ideal for something that’s inches from your face for 45-90 minutes at a time, right? A clean yoga mat is one of the best yoga gifts you can give, if your recipient doesn’t already have one.
- Solid Color Yoga Mat – This phthalate-free yoga mat is available in a rainbow of colors, so you can choose your recipient’s favorite!
- Tree of Life Mat – I love these patterned mats from Gaiam! They also come in an array of colors, and each features an earthy graphical pattern. Going with a print is always a bolder choice, but if you and your giftee are close, this is the yoga gift to go for.
2. Yoga Mat Bags
Does your recipient take a lot of yoga classes at the studio? A mat bag is great for toting her gear around! Think of these as yoga gifts for the yogini who has everything.
- Organic Yoga Mat Bag – I love the warm colors in this handmade yoga bag constructed from organic cotton!
- Yoga Tote – This yoga mat bag is made from organic cotton and hemp and has room to fit a few other items like keys and cell phone that you might need on the way to and from class.
3. Yoga Clothing
Sneakily get your recipient’s top and pants sizes and look for some sweet yoga gifts from these ethical companies!
- Asana Green has some beautiful organic yoga clothing for men and women.
- Gaiam – This is a more mainstream brand, but they offer quite a few eco-friendly yoga gifts, including organic cotton and bamboo yoga clothing.
4. Yoga Accessories
Not everyone uses these accessories, so you might have to do some prying to find out whether these are good yoga gifts for the yogini on your list. If your recipient is just starting out with yoga, these might be good yoga gifts to choose.
- Cork Block – Yoga blocks help modify poses when you can’t quite reach the floor. This one is made from sustainable natural cork!
- Organic Cotton Strap – Straps are also helpful for folks who are new to yoga. Some poses call for grabbing a leg or ankle, and a strap can help if you’re not quite there yet.
Have you found any good, ethical yoga gifts? If you can share, I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments!
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!