Alright, when your organization name sounds like poetry about nature you’ve caught my attention, and fall never sounded so lovely:
“Mountains of the Moon clothing is created with the conscious fashionista in mind – those of us who care about the environment and fair labor practices who also want to look good in what we wear. From start to finish, our garments are designed, patterned, manufactured, dyed and tagged (using eco-friendly materials) in the USA in small, 100% sweatshop-free facilities that are family owned and operated. We choose to use eco-friendly materials like hemp, tencel and organic cotton that are known for durability and long-life..”
How do they accomplish such eco-style and sophistication? “We choose to ship our orders using reused packing materials or USPS boxes that are cradle-to-cradle certified for ecologically-intelligent design.” And they also:
- Select fabrics that are not only grown and processed using eco-friendly methods, they make items that and last longer than conventional fabrics..
- They produce clothing with longer lifecycles than the average garment.
- “We opt to create pieces that are fashion-forward but also timeless for the same reason“
- Designing looks that are stylish but that can also be worn for multiple seasons.
- Surpassing short-lived fads and trends are less likely to end up in landfills.
Shown above courtesy of Full Moon Family: “The Edie Dress~Mod high fashion meets eco-friendly fibers in this chic mini dress/sleeveless tunic top. Sexy and stylish, this dress can be worn alone with heels, knee-high boots or your favorite sandals, or looks just as beautiful worn over jeans or our Morgan Pants or Taylor Pants. Subtle front darts and slightly flared bottom create the perfect, most flattering fit. Top-stitched throughout. Features luxurious 55% Hemp/45% Tencel sustainable fabric in chocolate and sand (hem accent). Designed by Melissa Baswell and made sweatshop-free in the USA.”