Drinking a lot of red wine can dull your teeth over time.
4. Elimination Diet for Food-Triggered Headaches
One of my girlfriends gets terrible migraines, and she’s the one that first hipped me to the elimination diet. What’s tricky about food triggers is that, like environmental triggers, they’re different for different people. The best way to suss out what your triggers are is:
- Check out this list of common headache triggers.
- Start eliminating! To suss out what’s a problem for you, just go down the list, cutting out each food for a few weeks to see if your headaches subside. This can take time, since you have to go one at a time, but finding your triggers can help you avoid headaches without taking drugs.
- Keep a list of your triggers, so you’ll know what foods to avoid. Many people have more than one, so a list can help you remember.
- Read labels. Now that you know your triggers, check food labels when you’re shopping to avoid foods that have these on the ingredients list. You might be surprised at what foods contain aspartame, for example.
Do you suffer from headaches? What natural remedies have helped you in the past?
Image Credit: Red Wine photo via Shutterstock