Do you struggle with headaches? Rather than popping a pill for the occasional headache, try some of these natural remedies!
There are so many causes for headaches, and the natural remedy that works best will depend on what’s causing your pain. These are a few common causes for headaches:
- tension – Are you stressed out?
- eye strain – Do you spend your day in front of a screen or reading fine print?
- allergies or other environmental factors – Is there something in your home or office environment that’s triggering your headaches?
- diet – Are certain foods headache triggers for you?
- dehydration – Are you sure you’re getting enough water?
On the next few pages, check out some helpful home remedies for treating these common headache causes. Of course, if your headaches recur for more than a week or two or they are so sever that they are impacting your work and home life, you should contact your doctor to see if something more serious is going on.
There are a couple of things that you can do that help no matter what’s causing your headaches. The top two ways to prevent and even help ease a headache are:
- Drink water – Dehydration is a common cause for headaches. Drinking water also helps your body flush things out, like allergens and toxins that can cause you headaches.
- Exercise – Getting up and getting moving can help prevent or ease headaches for a number of reasons. The why varies from cause to cause, but you’d be surprised at how even a brisk walk around the block can help relieve a headache if you catch it in time.
Up Next: Soothing a tension headache
Image Credit: Headache photo via Shutterstock