From the minute you get engaged, you are bombarded by questions about your wedding – what are your colors, where will you have it, when will it be? Fortunately, there are experts to help guide you in answering all of these questions. And, for eco-savvy brides-to-be, there are several options when it comes to serving up a green wedding.
For all of the green girls who will be wearing white soon, here are some books to help you take small, sustainable steps down the aisle.
1. How to Get Married in Green by Suzan St. Maur offers simple tips from choosing the right ring to serving up local fare. Peppered with charming British wit, this is an easy read and quick overview of small steps you can take.
2. Eco Chic Weddings by Emily Anderson lets you feel good about planning a beautiful wedding without any sacrifice of style.
3. The Everything Green Wedding Book by (our very own!) Wenona Napolitano. Let’s just say that it covers, well, everything. And of course, for more great and up to date tips, you can check out her posts on FeelGood Style.
While not entirely “green,” the books below are great resources for any bride-to-be:
4. The Wedding Book ($20) from celebrity planner, Mindy Weiss, whose Beverly-Hills based company has handled parties for everyone from Avril Lavigne to Natalie Cole.
5. The Knot’s Complete Guide to Weddings in the Real World by Carley Roney, editor-in-chief of The Knot magazine.