2. He Wants to “Convert” You
Some people think being green and cruelty-free is the “wrong” way to live, and want to make you “see the light.” No amount of scientific evidence or reasoning will change their minds— in fact, they need to “save you” in order to prove that they are “right.” If a man tries to force you into his lifestyle or argue you out of it, leave him to argue with himself… you have better things to do!
Red Flags for Green Dating:
- He repeatedly belittles your views with statements like “you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
- He expects you to copy his beliefs in order to please his friends and family.
- He uses his cultural background as an excuse for intolerance, and calls you intolerant for refusing to mimic his views. Tolerance works both ways: you can respect him without copying him, just as he can respect you without copying you. Culture and tradition are dynamic forces which change with time— not steadfast excuses for intolerance.
- He claims you are “missing out” by not eating or doing what he is (hunting, eating meat, etc).
- He expresses uninformed, irrational “concern” over your health (especially about body weight or anemia, relying on assumptions instead of facts).
Next>> Is he a show off?
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by chmeredith