Does the warm weather send your skin into oil overdrive? Try this grapefruit face mask to help kick oily skin to the curb this summer!
This grapefruit face mask recipe combines acidic grapefruit with soothing parsley to help calm oily skin naturally. The best part? This mask is made of 100% food-based ingredients with no animal products at all. Yay! All that you need to make your own grapefruit face mask are:
- juice of 1/2 a grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oatmeal, ground in the blender to make oat flour
Easy peasy, grapefruit squeezy.
The video below walks you through how to make your grapefruit face mask. In case you don’t have 1:30 to watch the video, I’ve got the directions written out below.
To make your face mask:
1. Mix all of the ingredients together until you get a nice paste that’s easy to spread.
2. Let the mixture set for five minutes.
3. Spread onto your face. Don’t get it in your eyes! Grapefruit stings!
4. Let it sit on your face for 15 minutes. Might I recommend some reading while you wait? Check out the right way to wash your jeans or this beautiful love letter to a radish.
5. Rinse off with warm water. Boom! Pow! Take that, oily skin!
Do you have a favorite DIY face mask? I’d love to hear your recipes in the comments!