Ever wonder if there’s a place for your second hand clothing that doesn’t require you to pile your clothing in a bag, and take it to the nearest trading company or consignment shop? Aside from starting your own eBay store, of course – is there a place to sell your designer clothing online for what its actually worth – to people who actually understand it’s value?
March’s issue of In Style Magazine offered four ways to sell your high-end clothing online. And, with them, a few tips on how to do so:
Copious is a website that allows you to connect to other buyers and sellers from your facebook and twitter accounts. Through creating your own custom network, you can create your own network of other similarly styled individuals.
Best items to sell: Everything from handmade bead work to designer handbags.
I-ella is a site that allows users to buy, borrow, swap and lend both apparel and accessories. We believe there is always a way for fashion to give back, here at Feel Good Style, and we love that I-ella donates 10% of every transaction fee to one of three causes featured each month!
Best items to sell: Well known high end brands (Gucci, Dior, etc).
Designer social features both items from site members, and clothing straight from designers. Here, you will also be able to sell/find one-of-a-kind vintage pieces from flea markets and auctions.
Best items to sell: Trendy labels, unique items.
Portero is the best place for you to sell high end accessories and pre-owned jewelry. Best part: there’s no cost unless your items sell!
Best items to sell: High end, investment jewelry pieces.
Lastly, some tips to selling your items online:
- Prep your items as if you were wearing them for an important event (ie: steam and delint clothing, polish shoes and stuff handbags with paper to show their shape).
- Use a camera with a flash, and put items in front of a clean, white background.
- Include as many detailed shots of your items as possible: seams, label, stitching, interiors and any relevant paperwork.
- Use easy to understand language that includes important details like sizing, color and fabric.
- Share a personal story! When your item has a personal story, it’s likely to bring in more viewers.