In the mood for some songs to swoon to this spring?
News is in that the recent Tune In. Turn On. Drop Off! event we mentioned earlier this week was hot! She and Him (composed of actress/singer Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward) performed for the participants at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills.
While green launch parties are great fun, my biomimicry-intrigued self is drawn to The Independent nature article out now called Eco-pop: Songs in the key of life ~ “A new breed of eco-pop artists is making musical ‘soundscapes’ that get closer to nature than ever before.” They discuss how scientists are increasingly reaching out to musicians to engage the public in their work.
Music (no matter what the genre) is a great catalyst for innovation, motivation, even social change and environmental consciousness. What are some tunes that are moving you in a good direction?I’d like to share some recent playlists I’ve found to give you a burst of spring fevor:
- Eco-fashionistas @ Natural High Lifestyle seem to know what to play.
- Jack Johnson is a chill, soothing listen.
- Sprig recently interviewed Moby a long time electronic musician and Teany founder for a video interview about his new album Last Night and being a vegan for twenty years.
- Twas cool revisiting this Grist article on 15 green bands and this Treehugger called who’s your favorite green musician?
- Lovely Summer Rayne Oakes reminds us it’s Green Apple Festival in San Francisco very soon!
Happy Spring 🙂
PHOTO CREDIT: Michael Williams / Startraks