Hats are one of the things I love about fall fashion, and I’m drooling over this cozy handmade headwear!
Hats are super hip this fall, and as an eco fashionista you want to be sure your headwear doesn’t harm the planet, right? Just like other fall fashion choices from big box stores, the hats on store shelves were often made with sweatshop labor using questionable materials.
When you buy a handmade hat, you’re supporting an artist that’s choosing her working conditions. When you buy a handmade hat made from eco-friendly yarn, you’re getting a hat that’s as good for the planet as it is for the person who made it. Now that’s doing fall fashion up right!
Handmade Hats for Fall
1. Gypsy Sea Maiden Tam – A floppy tam is so cute and easy, and I love the colors in this organic hemp hat from Art of Zen Crochet.
2. Organic Bow Beret – How freaking sweet is Momohana Kobo’s organic cotton beret? The bow is killing me, you guys. Killing. Me.
3. Wide Brimmed Sun Hat – This comfy-looking floppy hat from Greenwood Toys is made from organic cotton and an oversized coconut button!
4. Knitted Turban – I’m loving this 40s-style turban knitted from organic cotton yarn. Take that, bad hair day!
5. Organic Cloche – Hat Junkie’s layered cloche hat is made from super soft organic cotton and hemp jersey fabric.
Do you have a favorite hat-maker? I’ve love to hear where you’re shopping for your fall fashion in the comments!