Roses are abundant this time of year, with many lucky ladies receiving gorgeous bouquets for Valentine’s Day. Roses are loved for their beauty, scent and many can even be eaten. This perfect posy is also a hard working ingredient when used in skin care and beauty products.
Rose hip oil is extracted from the seeds of the rose bush. This vegetable oil contains retinol (Vitamin A) and is high in Vitamin C and omega-3 making it highly effective for diminishing signs of aging, reducing sun damage and softening the skin. It is also used to treat dermatitis, acne and eczema.
Rose oil (rose otto or rose absolute) is the essential oil extracted from the petals of various types of roses and is commonly used in perfumes and other beauty products.
Try these lovely products and enjoy the effects of rose oil:
- Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil – Facial oil that moisturizes softens lines and reduces breakouts.
- ila bath salts for inner peace – Use to balance emotions and give a youthful glow to skin. ila bath salts aid meditation and help to soothe the nervous system.
- Primavera Rose Floral Water — Distilled from Turkish Damask Rose blossoms and pure spring water this rose floral water helps to restore moisture and soften fine facial lines.
- REN Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash — A luxurious body wash formulated with Moroccan rose otto oil.
- Florascent Santal Cologne – A little something for him this Valentine’s Day. This cologne for men from the Aqua Colonia range captures the riches of an Indian spice market with delicious Cashmere spices and the essence of rose, jasmine, davana and sandalwood.
Image credit: magnusfranklin from Flickr.com, under a Creative Commons license.