Earthbody is an eco spa in San Francisco that believes their path is to provide truly holistic therapy in balance with the Earth for the benefit of the body. “Rooted in contemplative practice and inspired by ancient healing traditions, we offer restorative bodywork, organic skincare, and herbal rituals through ecologically responsible principles.”
Earthbody’s guiding principles are simple:
“The body cycles through a daily process of balance and imbalance. Tuning into where we store tension can be the beginning of awakening to our full potential. We work structurally to release habitual patterns deep in the body…EarthBody Therapists have a background in Eastern and Western philosophies namely Thai, Shiatsu, Deep Tissue, Myofascial release, Trigger Point, and BodyMind Centering principles.”
Earthbody spa cares deeply about the body and the planet, believing that we can nurture both simultaneously. “EarthBody has made a commitment to choosing products and practices that support a sustainable and ecologically responsible way of offering therapeutic treatments.” These include:
- Organic lotions and cleansers
- All products free of parabens and nut ingredients
- Bamboo and Organic Cotton Linens
- Renewable and antibacterial textiles
- Non-Toxic Environmentally Safe Cleaning Solvents
- Green Tea Leaf pillows
- Marine-based organic skincare like Osea
- Environment is free of synthetic fragrances
- Coconut wax candles – Clean burning and lead free
- Treatment Tables made with sustainably harvested wood
- Good air quality – Natural Himalayan Salt Air Purifiers
- Pollutant and Allergy cleansing air purifiers
- Proudly supporting a Green Workplace
- Inner office recycling and recycled supplies
- Print collateral made with post consumer paper, soy and vegetable inks, by a facility 100% powered by wind
- Zero VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints were used for the interior walls.
- 5 Star Energy Efficient equipment
- Building Community by partnering with local vendors, green businesses, and wellness centers that share a like-minded vision of sustainability.
- Holistic Education – Ongoing Progressive Retreats for Therapists including cutting edge new holistic methods for bodywork and skincare regiments.
- Ongoing Restorative Retreats for staff to rejuvenate their own body and mind.
- Sustainable Healing
Their special urban retreat treatments look enchanting, for example the “Mudra” spa special offers the best of both worlds, “this treatment includes a full facial regiment plus an hour of bodywork using a warmed calendula oil infusion.”
In the heart of the Hayes Valley district of San Francisco, Earthbody is located at 534 Laguna Street. To book an appointment dial (415) 552-7200 and ask for more spa details or book it here online.