in , , , , , ,

Dr Dobbs’ Tomato Complexion Soap

I had the chance to sample Dr. Dobbs‘ Tomato Complexion Soap and I have to admit I was skeptical. I thought- Tomatoes? In soap? And this is supposed to do wonders for my skin? I don’t know about all that.

And then I tried it.

I am no longer skeptical. In fact I am ordering another bar…or two, right now.

I am amazed at how well the tomato soap works. It really cleared up my skin without leaving it dry or overly sensitive. My picky teenage son even loved it after realizing what it was for.

The soap is described as: “A refreshing, natural, and healthy way to cleanse and neutralize oily skin. This hand-milled soap contains the benefits of natural lycopenes and AHAs from the tomato – to soothe and refine enlarged pores.”

It contains tomato powder and aloe in a vegetable oil soap base. Packaging claims it to be 96.5% Natural. I wonder what the other 3.5 % is.

Dr. Dobbs’ Natural Remedies are made with recipes created by the company owner’s great grandfather. Her motto: “My grandfather made it for me, Mother Earth made it green.”

Their products are made with natural ingredients and are carried in many retail stores. You can find a store from this list or shop online here.

The Dr. Dobbs company is a signer of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics.



Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!

Written by Wenona Napolitano

Wenona is married with three crazy kids that range in age from 4 to 18. She is a freelance writer, poet and the author of The Everything Green Wedding Book.

She enjoys reading, writing, crafting and gardening. She tries to do all of these as "greenly" as possible.

Her writing has appeared in several local and regional publications, Pack O Fun, Today's Creative Home Arts, and Indiana Living Green magazines as well as numerous online sites including PlentyMag.com, EthicalWeddings.com, MyEcoChicWedding.com, eHow, Associated Content, Suite101 and Life123.com.

Samsung Reclaim- My Newest “Green Accessory”

Pomega5 Oil of Life Cleansing Bar