Homemade sugar scrub is a great tool for your beauty arsenal. A good DIY sugar scrub will gently exfoliate while also moisturizing to help you achieve glowing summer skin.
Not only is sugar scrub great for your skin, it’s easy as pie to make, and you can customize it with any scents that you like! You can leave your scrub unscented or mix in your favorite essential oil or even a blend of essential oils for added benefits. Over at Green Upgrader, I have a handy guide to essential oils and their properties that you can use to select the right oils for your scrub.
Homemade Sugar Scrub
Yield: 1/2 pint
- 3 tablespoons carrier oil – you can use olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, or your favorite neutral oil for skin
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil or combination of essential oils (optional)
- glass container that’s at least 1/2 pint in size
1. Clean your glass jar out well. If you need to get a funky smell out of a reclaimed jar, check out how to deodorize reclaimed glass jars naturally.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in your jar, and stir well to combine.
3. Massage the scrub into moist skin with your fingers or a washcloth. Let the oil sit for a few minutes on your skin, then rinse well.