Do you have DIY furniture phobia? Fear no more– here are 7 DIY home furniture makeover projects that anyone can do, even you!
I love all things furniture! In fact, there’s a rumor that I might hoard furniture, but that’s just a rumor. I just can’t help it– I can see potential in practically any piece of furniture. Plus, reusing is green! It’s way more eco-friendly to repurpose and redo furniture rather than buying new. Most people that I talk to, though, are intimidated by DIY furniture projects. If you are “most people,” here are 7 DIY furniture makeover projects that will conquer your fears!
1. Cover a Ruined Table Top with Recycled Paper — Do you have a table top that just seems too far gone to fix? Cover it with recycled paper! I covered a little metal table top with sheet music and it is oh-so-cute now!
2. Two-Toned Furniture — If you want to spice things up on a boring piece of furniture, paint the top (or the bottom) a different color. This white washed cabinet got a makeover simply by painting the top a dark brown. The brown adds a warmth and pop of color to the boring white piece.
3. “Scrapbook” Coffee Table — Take your average coffee table to the next level by making it a “scrapbook.” Get a piece of glass at your local hardware store cut to the size of your current coffee table (most places will even cut it for you). Then, place pictures of your family or memorabilia from a recent trip underneath the glass. Now you’ll have a really cool conversational piece right in the middle of your living room!
4. Stools Made Out of Recycled Materials — What do chopsticks, egg cartons, newspaper, and magazines have in common? They can all be made into incredibly awesome stools! If you’re feeling crafty, you can DIY your own stool. Click on the link to see all 10 recycled stool projects.
5. Reupholstered Foot Stool — Do you have a side chair, foot stool, or dining room chair that needs a facelift? Update the fabric with this super simple reupholstery tutorial!
6. Mosaic Coffee Table — Whether your table top is damaged, or you just want to add a little umph, mosaics are a sweet choice! I love all of the texture and color that mosaics add to a piece. You can upcycle broken plates and cups, too, instead of using new tile.
7. Map Decoupage on Furniture — Another way to add sparkle to your furniture is to decoupage maps on the piece! Check out how Flea Market Trixie decoupaged maps to the drawer fronts of a beautiful buffet. The combination of paint and maps makes me swoon (a bit dramatic? maybe).
Which DIY furniture project would you be willing to try? Tell me which one is your favorite in the comment section below!
[Photo credit: Brush Painting Wooden Furniture via Shutterstock]
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!