We are on a roll with food-based beauty solutions! Check out these beauty uses for baking soda!
Related: 5 Beauty Uses for Olive Oil, 5 Beauty Uses for Lemons, 5 Beauty Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar, 5 Beauty Herbs and How to Use Them
Baking soda has two properties that make it great for creating DIY beauty products: it absorbs moisture, and it scrubs gently. Its absorbent qualities make it great for creating your own natural deodorant. That scrubbing power makes it a perfect ingredient in scrubs for softer skin.
Whether you’re looking for DIY deodorant, an all-purpose exfoliant, a homemade mani/pedi, or a gentle face scrub, we’ve got you covered with the list below!
5 Beauty Uses for Baking Soda
1. Homemade Deodorant – There are lots of ways that you can make deodorant from baking soda! You can make a DIY cream deodorant or try this two-ingredient baking soda deodorant instead.
2. Exfoliating Scrub – Combine 3 parts baking soda with 1 part water for a gentle body scrub. You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to this, if you like!
3. DIY Pedicure – Soak your tootsies in a mix of 1/4 cup baking soda in a basin of warm water. When your feet are feeling relaxed, give them a massage with the exfoliating scrub above.
4. DIY Manicure – The homemade pedicure technique also helps soften and exfoliate your hands before you give yourself a fresh coat of polish.
5. Gentle Face Scrub – Mix 3 parts baking soda, 1 part water, and 1 part quick oats (the ground up sort) and gently massage onto your face. Rinse away with warm water to reveal glowing skin.
Have you created any beauty recipes using baking soda? I’d love to hear your favorite beauty uses for baking soda in the comments!
Image Credit: Baking Soda photo via Shutterstock