Baby, it’s cold outside. Instead of thinking about winter chill, let’s look ahead to warmer weather and delicious spring cocktails!
I am writing this while I watch an ice storm pour down on my street. There’s nothing like four inches of snow and an inch of ice to get me dreaming of spring. Don’t you love sitting on a patio in the sun, sipping a spring cocktail, and chatting with your favorite people? Me. TOO. Let’s forget about this crazy winter weather and drool over some patio-worthy spring cocktails!
Disclosure: Many of these cocktail recipes are from my personal site, and I’ve rounded out the list with a couple of recipes that scream “Springtime!”
10 Spring Cocktails
1. Stone Fruit and Ginger Sangria – Lots of yummy stone fruits are in season in spring, so use what’s fresh: apricots and cherries would work beautifully in this recipe.
2. Sweet Orange Rosemary Shrub – If you’ve never had a sweet, sour, delicious shrub before, I can’t recommend it enough! This Colonial-era cocktail is making a comeback!
3. Kale Mary – Choose seasonal veggies and greens for this supercharged bloody Mary recipe.
4. Grapefruit and Lavender Gin and Juice – Grapefruits are just starting to come into season, and they are super delicious paired with flowery lavender!
5. Sweet Green Tea Cocktail – A cool, sweet tea is perfect for patio sipping, with or without the booze.
6. Cranberry Cocktail with Booze-Soaked Cherries – Dried cherries soak overnight in sweet vermouth for this complex spring cocktail.
7. The Tipsy Earl – The base of this sweet tea drink is gin infused with Earl Gray tea. You won’t be sorry!
8. How Butterless Rum – This vegan version of hot buttered rum is perfect for a chilly spring evening.
9. Strawberry Reisling Slushies – Celebrate the strawberry harvest!
10. Spring Rose – This grapefruit spring cocktail reminds me a little bit of my grown-up gin and juice, but instead of herbs it uses an herbal aperitif.