9 Simple DIY Beauty Recipes You Can Make Today
There are so many simple DIY beauty recipes that you can make at home. These are some of my favorites!
What I love about making my own beauty supplies at home is that I control the ingredients. That means I can keep animal ingredients and toxic chemicals out and put just the good stuff in. The best part? DIY beauty products tend to cost less than store-bought, so you’re saving money and getting a healthier product. Don’t you love a case of what’s good for the planet being good for you and your wallet, too?
I chose DIY beauty recipes that I like but also ones that use basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen and medicine cabinet. Which one will you make today?
1. Two-Ingredient DIY Perfume – This is a skeleton recipe that you can modify to suit your own tastes.
2. Warming Face Scrub – The perfect antidote to winter skin!
3. DIY Tomato Face Scrub – Got breakouts? This acidic scrub gently exfoliates and helps clear up your skin.
4. Easy Peasy Sugar Scrub – This is another recipe that you can modify depending on what scents you like. Have fun with it!
5. Coconut Oil Hand and Foot Lotion – Massage a smaller-than-pea-size amount of straight coconut oil into your skin. I know, calling this a recipe almost feels like cheating. I’m working on a proper coconut lotion recipe, and I’ll share it when it’s just right!
6. Coconut Oil Eye Cream – This eye cream doubles as a body lotion and make-up remover. Three in one!
7. Southern Lights Bath Salts – Soothing, earthy bath salts are just the thing to unwind at the end of a long week.
8. Coconut Hair Mask – Has winter done a number on your hair? Get back that luster and shine with a moisturizing mask.
9. Dry Shampoo for Light or Dark Hair – A dry shampoo keeps your hair from looking greasy in between washings. I love that she provides an option for dark hair!
Do you make any of your own DIY beauty products? Drop a link to your favorite recipe in the comments!
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!