Published on May 20th, 2014 | by Becky Striepe0
5 Green Smoothie Recipes for Breakfasts on the Go
When you need a quick breakfast, grabbing a granola bar or a slice of toast might seem like your best options, but what if you could cram some healthy fresh fruit and even veggies into your busy morning? Green smoothie recipes to the rescue!
Green smoothies are nothing new, but now that they’ve really caught on, folks are making some super stellar ones that I think bear mentioning. Here are some unusual green smoothie recipes to help you start a healthy morning habit:.
5 Unusual Green Smoothie Recipes
1. Tropical Ginger Green Smoothie – This recipe from Ashley at A. Cook in the Making uses broccoli stalks as the sneaky green! What a great way to use part of the veggie that you’d normally trash.
2. Chocolate Covered Cranberry Green Smoothie – You might think that a chocolate smoothie can’t be healthy, but cocoa powder on its own is actually packed with nutrients. Instead of refined sugar, this smoothie gets its sweetness from healthy whole fruits.
3. Bloody Mary Green Smoothie – Take the bloody Mary beyond brunch! This zesty mocktail is a green smoothie in disguise.
4. Blue-Green Smoothie – This yummy green smoothie recipe uses walnut butter and coconut oil to keep you feeling fuller longer. Perfect if you’re looking to fuel your morning workout with a smoothie!
5. Green Pumpkin Smoothie – Are you missing those Pumpkin Spice Lattes from fall? Blend up a warm-weather version that’s healthier and caffeine free.
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!