Published on January 8th, 2014 | by Bonnie Getchell0
DIY Furniture Projects: Line Your Dresser Drawers with Sheet Music
Not all DIY furniture projects require paint! Line your dresser drawers with sheet music or other recycled paper!
Are the bottom of your drawers begging for a makeover? I bought an adorable little dresser at a garage sale for my craft booth, but the inside of the drawers were in terrible condition. There were stains, crusted food– I’ll spare you the details. Instead of tossing the entire piece, I covered the “blah” with beautiful sheet music!
What You Will Need:
1. Sheet music or other recycled paper
2. Mod Podge or you can mix school glue with a little bit of water
4. A ruler
5. A pencil
6. (Optional) Polycrylic. Polycrylic isn’t the greenest crafting supply, but I like to use it because it seals and protects the recycled paper. I use Polycrylic rather than polyurethane because it is water based and doesn’t yellow.
How To Do It:
2. Decide how you would like to arrange your sheet music in the drawers. I simply put three sheets of the paper side by side, but you could arrange them randomly, too.
3. Cut the sheet music to the size of your drawer. I used a ruler and pencil to help measure the depth of the drawers, and then cut off the excess paper.
4. Glue the sheet music to the drawer. Continue this process until all of your drawers are completed. Make sure you smooth the paper as best as you can– otherwise you will have lots of wrinkles and bubbles.
5. (Optional) Once the glue has dried, paint on one coat of Polycrylic.
Every time you open your dresser drawers, you’re pretty much guaranteed to smile! Okay, maybe not every time, but doesn’t the paper add a touch of glam? I just love it!
Which recycled paper would you line your dresser drawers with? Share your ideas with us in the comment section below!
Looking for more DIY furniture projects? Check these out:
- DIY Furniture Projects: Updating a Vintage Metal Cart
- DIY Home: Upcycle an Old Medicine Cabinet into an Unique Shelf
- DIY Home: Revamping an Old TV Tray
- DIY Decor 5 Ways
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!