Published on May 3rd, 2012 | by Shanley Knox0
Seven Truths About You
Your natural state is to be happy, peaceful, joyous, and full of excitement at being alive. In this natural state you wake up each morning eager to start the day. You feel wonderful about yourself and your relationships with the people in your life. You enjoy your work and derive a great sense of satisfaction from making a contribution that makes a difference. Your primary goal should be to organize your life in such a way that this is how you feel most of the time.
I don’t know about you, but it certainly doesn’t come naturally to me to feel happy, peaceful and full of excitement on a typical day. But, through Tracy and Stein’s work, I’ve been beginning to consider the fact that this kind of serenity comes from a change in how I view myself, rather than changing my circumstances.
Here are seven essential truths the authors insist that we each must accept about ourselves as people:
- You are a thoroughly good and excellent person; valuable and worthwhile beyond measure.
The root of discontentment can come from continually refusing to see yourself as a fundamentally good person.
- You are important, in many, many ways. To start with, you are important to yourself.
It is crucial to remember that the things you do or don’t do can have a tremendous effect on the lives and work of others. If you feel that you are not good enough, it’s natural to lash out at the world and behave in ways that both hurt you as an individual, and hurt those around you as well.
- You have unlimited potential and the ability to create your life and your world as you desire.
Your potential begins with belief – you must believe in your almost unlimited potential in order to become everything you are truly capable of becoming.
- You create your world in every respect by the way you think and the depth of your convictions.
Something that most of us do not realize is that most of the negative or self-limiting beliefs and doubts that interfere with your happiness and success are not based on fact or reality at all.
- You are always free to choose the content of your thoughts and the direction of your life.
We often don’t think about the fact that the one thing we do have control over is our inner thought life. By default, many of us end up choosing negative, self limiting thoughts that trip us up and hold us back. But it doesn’t have to be this way. We can choose to think uplifting, positive thoughts that lead to positive actions and results.
- You are put on this earth with a great destiny: you are meant to do something wonderful with your life.
It’s important to realize that you have a unique combination of talents, abilities, ideas, insights, and experiences that make you different from anyone who has ever lived.
- There are no limits to what you can do, be, or have except the limits you place on your own thinking and your own imagination.
The biggest enemies in our lives are not our circumstances – they are our own doubts and fears.
What are some truths you have been having to learn about yourself?
Read more on the seven truths about you.
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!