Published on August 25th, 2011 | by Liz Thompson9
World Water Week: Let’s Drink to Beauty
Since this is World Water Week, let’s drink up some facts on staying hydrated.
Water keeps us our system clear, running smoothly and functioning properly. But did you also know that water helps us stay gorgeous? That’s right! Staying hydrated keeps our skin perky and glowing, our hair soft and lustrous, and our nails strong and shiny.
This time of year it is especially important to take a look at your water intake. Once school time ramps up and summer comes to an end, we are often left with tired, dry skin and hair. A facial and hair oil really comes in handy here, but beauty really does come from the inside. And in this case, we are talking about hydration.
The US Department of Agriculture recommends at least 2.7 liters of water daily for the average adult woman. This is around 11 cups. Remember though, that about 20 percent of our water comes from the food we eat, leaving about 8-9 cups left. Or you can follow the “8×8 rule” and drink eight 8-oz glasses of water each day.
Dehyrdation can do more than sap your skin and hair of moisture. It can bring on headaches, stomach aches, bad breath, constipation, and fatigue. I have also noticed that my kids get cranky when lacking water. We call this “dry brain” at our house.
Adequately hydrating your body is easy and so beneficial. Celebrate World Water Week by paying special attention to how much water you, and your kids, drink daily. You may be surprised to learn that you need more liquid in your life.
Other World Water Week Posts from Around Important Media
- World Without Fish: A Book Review – Eat Drink Better
- Water: The Importance of Hydration – Eat Drink Better
- How to Make a Difference During World Water Week – Green Living Ideas
- World Water Week: 10 DIY Conservation Tips – Insteading
- This World Water Week Help Charity: Water Bring Clean Water To Africa – Ecopreneurist
- The Waterless Toilet: 5 Options for Greater Sanitation with Little or No Water – Sustainablog
- Help Matt Damon & Others Bring Water to More People…For Life – Planetsave
- 10 Water-Saving or Water Cleaning Technologies…& Your Chance to Do Something – Clean Technica
Writer: Liz Thompson – Organic Beauty Source – Green beauty news, trends, and reviews.
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by Picture Zealot