Published on March 9th, 2009 | by Liz Thompson0
New Uses for the Good Old Avocado
We all know it makes a delicious dip, but this tropical fruit is beneficial to skin and hair, too. Rich in potassium and vitamins B, E, and K, avocados, and the oil they provide, are regenerative and moisturizing. The oil is pressed from the pulp that surrounds the avocado pit and is very emollient.
Great Uses for Avocado
- Mash a ripe avocado and apply to face, let sit for 3-5 minutes and rinse. Provides skin with nutrients and protection.
- Apply avocado oil to hair and scalp and wrap in a towel for 30 minutes, shampoo as usual. Do this twice monthly for added softness and body.
- Use the oil as a makeup remover. Gentle on delicate skin and won’t leave eyes “filmy”.
- Use as a base oil and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to create your own nutrient packed body oil.
- Give baby an avocado oil massage. Soothing and gentle.
Be sure to buy organically grown avocados, whether eating them or using for skin care. Plain avocado oil can be purchased at most health food stores or try Primavera Organic Avocado Oil.
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!