Published on July 14th, 2008 | by Stancie Wilson12
Deborah Lindquist Eco-Friendly Wedding Dresses
One of the most sought after eco-conscious fashion designers, Deborah Lindquist is a celebrity favorite and has dressed the likes of Gwen Stefani, Cameron Diaz, Charlize Theron and Pink.
A few months ago, she opened the doors to her first eco-couture boutique in North Hollywood featuring her “green” wedding gown line that includes luxurious organic cotton, vintage silk, hemp and recycled materials. (The event was complete with organic appetizers, wedding cake, organic wine, tea, disposable flatware, plates, and napkins.) Working with pre-loved fabrics for the past 25 years, Deborah was environmentally aware before the terms “green” and “eco” were mainstream. Acknowledging a big issue with fashion and how the majority of conventional materials are anything but earth-friendly, she desires to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem. She is highly aware of every design, manufacturing and shipping decision and what impact it may have. Check out her nine piece collection here. And stayed tuned…she’s currently working on her Spring ’09 Wedding line!
- Pictured (above): Organic Linen and Vintage Lace Gown ($3000).
- Pictured (right): Hemp Silk Vintage Lace Bustier Dress ($900).
Read More About Green Weddings:
- Greening Your Wedding (Without Breaking The Bank)
- Conflict Free Diamonds and Recyled Gold Are A Girl’s Best Friend
- Eco Bridal diy-upcycle-handcraft Your Wedding Dress
- Eco Friendly Catering for Your Wedding…
- How Bridesmaid Dresses are Worn Again
- Rescue Remedy
- Top 10 Tips for the Perfect Green Wedding
Get non-toxic and cruelty free beauty and health tips from FeelGoodStyle!